- It is a scripting language that can only be used to add scripts in HTML pages. It cannot be used to make stand alone applications.
- It is interpreted language. Browser reads the script commands in the sequence they are written.
- Add client-side functionality in a web page.
- Respond to button clicks.
- Manipulate text of a page.
- Perform data validation checks for data entered by users in HTML forms . This is done before it is sent to server.
- Manipulate images based on user actions.
- Displaying alert message to users with pop-up windows.
- Creating of dropdown menus and perform action on the basis of user selection.
- Evaluating data entered by users and display results
- Assessing user device and manipulation of page on the basis of screen resolution.
- Animating web pages.
- Adding multimedia elements in the web pages. These elements can be hidden, shown, changed or resized.